Oregon Documentary Camp Fellowship 2020
The OregonMade Creative Foundation has partnered with the arts-based nonprofit, NW Documentary, to establish fellowships for two documentary filmmakers to attend Oregon Documentary Camp from May 14th-May 17th, 2020.
Doc Camp is an annual, 4-day professional development retreat that brings working documentary filmmakers to Silver Falls State Park for screenings, workshops, panel discussions, networking events, and a chance to share their own work. Attendees are given a unique opportunity to leave the often-isolating world of documentary filmmaking behind, and gather in the beautiful woods of Oregon to develop their professional networks with peers from around the country.
This year’s themes are storytelling and impact, and Doc Camp’s keynote speaker will be internationally renowned filmmaker Frederick Wiseman.
NW Documentary has been teaching and supporting nonfiction storytelling for 15 years, and strives to provide programming and services for groups diverse in age, race, income, experience, and minority status.
The OR Doc Camp Fellowships will be awarded to established documentary filmmakers from Oregon who come from backgrounds which are traditionally under-represented in the field.
Winners of the fellowship will receive room, board and travel expenses from Portland for the 4-day Doc Camp experience.
In order to apply, you must:
1. Have at least one feature documentary or multiple short documentaries brought to market or festival.
2. The Oregon Doc Camp Fellowship will award funding to filmmakers from communities whose voices have been traditionally underrepresented in documentary filmmaking, especially Hispanic, Latinx, Native American, Black/African American, and LGBTQ+ filmmakers.
3. Be a permanent resident of Oregon
How to Submit
1. Complete the Application Form
(You will be asked to include your resume & work samples.)
2. Contact Jackie Weissman
with any questions.
Key Dates to Know
1. February 25, 2020 - Application period opens
2. March 30, 2020 - Application period closes
3. April 15, 2020 - Fellowship winners announced
4. May 14-May 17, 2020 - OR Documentary Camp 2020