Portland Post-Production Film Grant Program - 2019
For the second year in a row, The Portland Film Office, in partnership with Oregon Made Creative Foundation (OMCF), invites local filmmakers to apply for funding designed to encourage the completion of a local feature-length project and position producers to build towards larger, more resourced productions.
The Post-Production Film Grant Program supports the professional development of small, local filmmakers by providing funds for activities including sound design, scoring, editing, color correction, closed captioning, VFX, and music clearances using local post-production houses.
A total of $20,000 will be awarded in four $5,000 grants. Eligible applicants are Portland-based film producers and companies who have been based in Portland for one year or more. Funds must be used with Portland post-production houses; projects must be in post-production with an expected completion date by June 30, 2020. Filmmakers and projects from communities of color and women-led production are especially encouraged to apply.
The Portland Film Office is committed to support of the economic vitality of a Portland-centered production ecosystem and seeks to build the local supply chain and capacity to grow Portland’s film ecosystem.
This grant program is focused on the development of film productions that may not yet be within the state film incentive program but could qualify in the future with a strong local support. The goal is to generate outcomes tied to healthy productions – completed projects, strong narratives, professional presentation, and the ongoing ability to sustain a larger and better “next” project.
- Applications open Monday, August 19, 2019 9:00 AM
- Applications close Monday, September 30, 2019 5:00 PM
- Selection panel meets Wednesday, October 16, 2019
- Awards announced Monday, October 21, 2019
- Funds must be disbursed by June 30, 2020
How to Apply
- Please submit an Application Form with each submitted project.
- Additional information is available.
- Please send additional project information (personnel involved, shooting dates, subject matter, etc.) and/or links to footage (if available) and a specific proposed timeline for completion of project and the use of funds, if awarded, on separate sheets, if needed.
- Filmmakers and projects from communities of color and women-led production are especially encouraged to apply.
PLEASE SEND ALL APPLICATIONS AND SUPPORTING MATERIALS, VIA EMAIL, TO:
Brian Lord at the Portland Film Office
Portland Film Office @ Prosper Portland
222 NW Fifth Avenue
Portland, OR 97209