The Portland Circuit -
A Local Film Distribution Project
The OregonMade Creative Foundation has teamed up with four of the best independent cinemas located in all four of the quadrants of Portland, Northwest Film Center, The Hollywood Theatre, Clinton Street Theatre and Cinema 21, to announce a pilot program designed to give locally produced, #OregonMade feature length films a short theatrical distribution window in the city. Screenings will consist of a four day run, with one night at each theatre, in the four “quadrants” of Portland.
Screenings of the first film the The Portland Circuit, “Sex Weather,” were held in October. More information on that can be found here.
***THE NEXT PORTLAND CIRCUIT DATES WILL BE IN MAY - SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY APRIL 1, 2019 IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED ***
Proposed dates for the next Portland Circuit are:
Monday 5/13/19 - Hollywood Theater
Tuesday 5/14/19 -Clinton Street Theatre
Wednesday 5/15/19 - Cinema 21
Thursday 5/16/19 - Whitsell Auditorium
Other partners include Oregon Film, Lower Boom, POW Film Fest and Lawrence PR.
Filmmakers will be required to be present, introduce the film and conduct a follow-up Q&A at all four screenings. Local shorts may also be run prior to the main program. Screenings will utilize DCPs, Blue Rays or digital outputs and each theatre will need elements to screen at least the week prior to the screening dates.
Projects will be by invitation only through a small, and specially selected by a small Programming Group, administered by the OMCF, in partnership with the participating theatre venues. If you wish your project to be considered, please send to the OMCF;
1. A short project description & private screener link (n.b. projects cannot be programmed without the Programming Committee viewing the entire film).
2. The running time ("feature length" is generally in excess of 60-70 mins).
3. Completion date.
4. Key personnel involved.
5. A short description of other screenings/festivals the film has played (please note that inclusion in The Circuit may diminish your ability to show in festivals after the screening dates).
6. Your interest and ability to attract audiences to four Portland theaters over a one week period.
7. The availability of the director, writer, key cast & crew to do a Q&A at all screenings.
Submissions can be sent to: